So you think that 8-megapixel shooter in your latest Android smartphone is the bomb? Well, sorry to say, but all of that is old hat if you so happen to live in the land of the rising sun. The Panasonic Lumix 101P from Softbank Mobile is certainly a chameleon – the image you see above clearly makes it look like a phone, but when you check out the back side of it after the jump, you might be mistaken into thinking that it is a digital camera.
The 13-megapixel shooter will concentrate on being a camera first and phone later, and is pretty hardy compared to most of the other smartphones out there as well thanks to it being waterproof. You won’t find the 101P lacking in terms of processing power either, as it has a dual core 1GHz processor, sporting FeliCa support for wireless payments, a microSD memory card slot, a 4″ qHD (540 x 960 pixels) resolution display, GPS support, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Being 9.8mm thin (12.4mm at the thickest segment), it will arrive in the Land of the Rising Sun sometime in the middle of November onwards, with Android 2.3 Gingerbread being the operating system of choice. [PDF Press Release]
Next Story: Fake iPhone ring busted by Chinese police
- 2014-03-24: Panasonic HX-A500 4K Wearable Camera Coming This May
- 2014-03-10: Sony And Panasonic Announce New "Archival Disc" Storage Medium
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Lumix GH4 Ships This April For $1,700
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Toughpad 4K UT-MB5 Could Start Shipping Soon
- 2014-03-07: Panasonic P31 Launched In India, Still In The Smartphone Game
- 2014-01-06: Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS40 Compact Camera
- 2012-09-14: Panasonic Lumix GH3 spotted in a leak
- 2012-09-14: Panasonic Lumix GH3 revealed in video
- 2012-08-23: Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 digital camera