SAM Firmware alongside some of those who were involved in the DarkyROM have stepped forward with a rather interesting titbit of news – we’re talking about a leaked version of Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread that sports a build date of September 15th, and this particular ROM is meant for the Samsung Galaxy S2. Interestingly enough, most of the Galaxy S2 units out there, if not all, still run on Android 2.3.3 and are still waiting for version 2.3.4 of the operating system.
This latest leak will also go by firmware version is I9100XXKI3, which has been translated to European version 3 which was dated September 15th. Obviously, if you think that you have the guts to go for this leaked ROM, make sure you perform a backup of all your important data as you can never tell when it might just go all wonky during and after the installation process.
After all, just because something has been proved to work does not mean it is 100% foolproof – you would do better to wait for the actual update from official sources. Anyways, if you are patient enough, then you can see Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread arrive for the Galaxy S2 in due time via an Over-The-Air (OTA) update.
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2011-11-22: T-Mobile to launch white Samsung Galaxy S2 hopefully in time for a white Christmas
- 2011-10-13: Firmware update for AT&T's Samsung Galaxy S2 leaked
- 2011-09-16: Samsung Epic Touch 4G source code released
- 2011-07-27: Mystery Samsung Android device packs a WXGA screen
- 2011-07-24: Samsung slider for Boost Mobile spotted in the wild