SAM Firmware alongside some of those who were involved in the DarkyROM have stepped forward with a rather interesting titbit of news – we’re talking about a leaked version of Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread that sports a build date of September 15th, and this particular ROM is meant for the Samsung Galaxy S2. Interestingly enough, most of the Galaxy S2 units out there, if not all, still run on Android 2.3.3 and are still waiting for version 2.3.4 of the operating system.
This latest leak will also go by firmware version is I9100XXKI3, which has been translated to European version 3 which was dated September 15th. Obviously, if you think that you have the guts to go for this leaked ROM, make sure you perform a backup of all your important data as you can never tell when it might just go all wonky during and after the installation process.
After all, just because something has been proved to work does not mean it is 100% foolproof – you would do better to wait for the actual update from official sources. Anyways, if you are patient enough, then you can see Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread arrive for the Galaxy S2 in due time via an Over-The-Air (OTA) update.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: Android, android 2.3, galaxy s2, gingerbread, Samsung,
- Seen at: redmondpie