So you are wearing this super smug smile on your face, knowing that you have just dropped a sizeable investment on this particular new HDTV in your living room, and have organized a party to invite the rest of your mates over to your place to enjoy your latest “toy” while they start breeding little green-eyed monsters deep within the innermost recesses of their souls. Sharp’s latest version of the future comes in the form of the 8K4K TV which boasts a stunning 7,680 x 4,320 resolution in its 85″ glory.
The quality is amazing to say the least – above is a screenshot of the video which you can watch after the jump, and with a little bit of mathematics and experience, one can deduce that a 2 hour movie at 1080p resolution takes up around 4GB of storage space on your hard drive, so a similar movie in 8K x 4K resolution might just end up on a Blu-ray drive after it has been compressed in H264 high profile.
One thing’s for sure – if something like this ever hits the market, it is going to be crazy expensive for early adopters.
Video source: armdevices
Next Story: Mobiado Grand 350 Aston Martin unveiled
- 2014-04-09: Interactive TV Bus Is World’s First
- 2014-03-20: 8K TV Broadcast Testing In Japan To Begin By 2016
- 2014-03-10: LG 2014 TV Lineup Introduced In South Korea
- 2014-03-04: Couple Tries Saving Flat Screen TV While Apartment Burns
- 2014-01-23: NHK In Japan Tests 8K Video Broadcast
- 2011-11-23: Apple television expected mid-2012, Sharp to supply display panels
- 2011-09-27: Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE632U is an 80" LED LCD TV
- 2011-04-13: Sharp launches 70" AQUOS Quattron LED LCD TV
- 2010-01-07: Sharp introduces Quad-Pixel HDTVs
- 2010-06-02: Sharp Quattron 3D TVs Unveiled