The that Android fans have all been waiting for is finally here – the arrival of the first Samsung Galaxy S2 phone in the US, the Epic 4G Touch is now available for you to get your hands on. Released a few months ago in other parts of the world, folks in the US can finally enjoy dual-core, Super AMOLED Plus goodness, with WiMAX and unlimited data too. The Epic 4G Touch packs a larger display compared to the other Galaxy S2 phones – it will have a 4.52″ WVGA Super AMOLED Plus display as opposed to the 4.3″ screen found on the regular/AT&T Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile’s variant will have a 4.5″ screen too).
Other specs (besides the WiMAX radio) remain the same – 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 8-megapixel rear camera (1080p HD video capable), 2-megapixel front facing camera, Bluetooth 3.0, WiFi, 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 32GB), GPS, Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread, and a 1800mAh battery. The Epic 4G Touch can be yours for $199.99 with a 2-year contract on Sprint. Anybody plans to pick up the phone today? Don’t forget to check out our review of the Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T).
Next Story: Samsung Illusion could be headed to Verizon
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2011-09-26: T-Mobile introduces Samsung Galaxy S2
- 2011-09-22: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 almost here?
- 2011-09-21: AT&T Galaxy S2 arriving October 2
- 2011-09-14: Epic 4G Touch user guide online
- 2011-08-26: Samsung Galaxy S 2 US variants pictured