General Motors (GM) has teamed up with RelayRides, where the latter is the first peer-to-peer carsharing marketplace in the world, to enable millions of GM vehicle owners to leverage the OnStar system in order to rent their idle cars out via the RelayRides marketplace. This particular program is said to kick off sometime early next year, with it being GM’s first large-scale involvement in carsharing.
The whole idea is to make it a breeze for those who do not own a vehicle in order to gain access to temporary, affordable and reliable transportation in a Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac. You being the car owner will control the rental rates and vehicle availability, and RelayRides offers the perfect platform to do so alongside a $1 million insurance policy in order to make sure each transaction is safe and convenient.
With the RelayRides mobile application in tow for an early 2012 release, you can be sure that your smartphone is getting more and more indispensable by the day. [Press Release]RELATED
- MapQuest Launches Redesigned iPhone, Android App
- Gogo Launches Talk & Text In-Flight Service
- Glympse Teams Up With Gogo To Offer In-Flight Check-ins
- FAA Advisory Panel Approves The Use Of Personal Electronics On Planes
- New York Introduces 'Text Stops' Along Major Highways, Thruways
- Follow: general motors, gm,