Polycom, an enterprise-grade video conferencing provider, unveiled UC Board, a digital whiteboard solution that integrates with its existing services.
The Polycom UC Board combines a plug-and-play receiver and a wireless stylus that transforms whiteboard or LCD monitors into an interactive video whiteboard space. (picture below)
Meeting participants use the stylus to write or sketch on the screen or whiteboard on top of a shared presentation; it acts just like a pen. For now, the system supports only one stylus at a time, but the upcoming software updates will support more. Using using Polycom RealPresence Platform, companies can record and stream whiteboard content.
The company claims that the product is very easy to use, you just have to plug it via a direct USB connection to a Polycom HDX system in the room, without opening more applications or using extra hardware.
and you are ready
The UC Board integrates with the latest Polycom HDX solutions and more products will be supported later.
The Polycom UC Board solution is available today at US$1,999. For more information, call 1-800 POLYCOM (765-9266).
Next Story: PlayStation Vita might not have Flash at launch
- 2014-02-27: Jean-Claude Van Damme Epic Split In Space
- 2014-01-07: Arcsoft SimpliCam with Closeli Cloud Service
- 2013-12-17: Replay for iOS Makes Cool Videos Automatically in Seconds
- 2013-09-03: Video Earrings Are Small LCDs That Hang From Your Earlobes
- 2013-08-26: Sony NEX-5T with WiFi, NFC and Fast Hybrid AF
- 2011-07-21: Skype now supports video calling on the Xperia Pro and Xperia Neo
- 2011-07-06: Facebook launches Group Chat, New Design and Video Calling
- 2011-03-11: BlackBerry PlayBook to launch with video conferencing app
- 2010-05-18: Is Anybots QB the first surrogate?
- 2010-12-06: Fring Adaptive Video Calls Good for Limited Mobile Bandwidth