Sony is rolling out its Music Unlimited for Android v1.2, and this update adds support for Tablets, including the new Sony S Tablet. The change comes mainly in the form of a new user interface that is optimized for that particular form factor, and the larger display is clearly better for creating playlists or for searching songs and albums.
If you are not familiar with Sony’s Music Unlimited service, it’s an online streaming service that lets users access 10M songs in an all-you-can-listen fashion via a subscription model ($4 to $10). Sony Music Unlimited users can also access the same service from their Android phones, PCs or PlayStation 3 game console with the same login.
The service, along with the PlayStation gaming on Android, is one of the very promising spots for Sony’s future, even if the competition is unforgiving in the mobile space. The Sony Music Unlimited app v1.2 should be available for download in the Androit Market.
Next Story: New Battlefield 3 multiplayer trailer released
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2012-01-12: Sony Music Unlimited arriving on iOS
- 2011-12-16: Sony Tablet S receives update that allows PS3 controller connectivity
- 2011-11-25: Sony Tablet P now available in the UK
- 2011-11-07: Sony Music Unlimited Adds MyChannels Internet Radio
- 2011-10-19: PS Store now on Sony Tablet S