Amazon released their brand new 7” Kindle Fire tablet not too long ago, and we know that Amazon has more tablets in the works (and a smartphone too if the rumors are to be believed). These upcoming tablets will be larger than 7” and are supposedly in the 8.9” and 10.1” variety. A recent report by Digitimes has revealed that if you were looking forward to a larger Kindle Fire tablet, we can expect the 8.9” version to ship come Q2 of 2012.
Foxconn is expected to be the company behind the manufacturer for Amazon’s 8.9” tablet, as opposed to Quanta who was responsible for the original Kindle Fire (and RIM’s Blackberry Playbook). The release of the 8.9” tablet in Q2 of 2012 also seems to contradict earlier rumors that Amazon would release the 10.1” Kindle Fire first, which was meant to be the successor to the 7” model. Apart from that, no further details surrounding the tablet was mentioned. If you’re looking for a tablet whose size is in the happy middle, perhaps the 8.9” Kindle Fire could be something worth considering.
- 2014-04-13: Amazon Working On Eighth Generation Of Delivery Drones
- 2014-04-13: Fire TV Sells Out Due To High Demand, Unit Sales Figures Not Disclosed
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Appstore Surpasses 200k Apps Milestone
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Announces Acquisition Of ComiXology
- 2014-04-09: Amazon Fire TV Review
- 2011-12-22: Amazon allows Wattpad on the Kindle Fire
- 2011-12-22: Kindle Fire: how to prevent automatic updates
- 2011-12-05: Amazon Kindle Fire users complain about WiFi issues
- 2011-11-30: Kindle Fire updated to 6.2
- 2011-11-29: Kindle Fire gets CyanogenMod 7