Scanners aren’t exactly big ticket items that would rock your world, but once in a while, something interesting from this segment will crop up. Today, we have the Canon imageFORMULA P-215 Personal Document Scanner being prepared for a US release, where it might be small in size but big on features. Canon claims that with an innovative design and excellent value, it is the perfect tool for road warriors as well as office folk who want to up the ante when it comes to personal efficiency and productivity.
The new Canon P-215 personal scanner will espouse Canon‘s imageANYWARE capabilities, where it virtually enables employees to work just about anywhere and at any time. Considering the fact that it measures a mere 11″ in length and tipping the scales at slightly more than two pounds, the imageFORMULA P-215 Personal Document Scanner will come with an automatic document feeder (ADF), coupled with an integrated card scanner to help you scan cards of all sorts such as plastic ID cards, driver licenses and even embossed cards.
It will be powered via USB, and is capable of scanning up to 20 documents at any one time with a maximum scanning speed of 15 pages each minute, regardless of whether it is in color or black and white. Canon has slapped a $325.30 price point for this puppy at the moment – is your boss getting you one? [Press Release]
- 2014-04-22: Canon Teases Announcement For 24th April
- 2014-04-17: All White Canon EOS 100D Announced For The UK
- 2014-04-07: Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-11: Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- 2014-03-07: Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Recalled Due To Allergic Reaction Risk
- 2013-01-08: Canon imageFORMULA P-208 Scan-tini Personal Scanner
- 2009-08-25: Canon imageFORMULA DR-Series scanners unveiled
- 2010-05-05: Canon CanoScan 9000F color image scanner does film scanning as well