Borderlands video game fan Michael John Mamaril certainly loved the title so much that his friend, Carlo, emailed Gearbox Software, the people behind the game, to have an eulogy read for his late friend using the game’s robot mascot known as Claptrap. Being a developer with a heart, Gearbox Software went above and beyond the call of duty by rolling out a touching eulogy for Michael, while making plans to immortalize him as a Non-Player Character (NPC) in its upcoming Borderlands 2 game. In the eulogy, it mentioned that “Though he [Michael] may be gone, he will live on forever in the Borderlands.”
Not exactly strumming harps in paradise, but Michael sure is going to be far more eternal that the sea of humanity here. This is not the first time Gearbox Software decided to go the extra mile for a fan, as someone previously prepared a rather hilarious video of Claptrap proposing to his girlfriend – upgrading her to Wife 2.0.
- 2013-10-16: Borderlands 2 Gets In The Halloween Spirit With New DLC On Oct. 22
- 2013-09-03: Borderlands Developer Working On New Original IPs For Next-Gen
- 2013-08-28: Borderlands 2 Game Of The Year Edition Confirmed For October 8 Release
- 2013-06-25: Borderlands 2 Tiny Tina DLC Now Available On PC, PS3, Xbox 360
- 2013-05-08: Borderlands 2 Receiving New Playable Character 'Krieg The Psycho' On May 14