Do you know an awesome scenic route around the outskirts of the city, and you wish to share it with your friends but you have no idea how to put it down in words? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. But if that seems to be a problem for you or if you feel that you need to show a custom path on a map instead of telling it in words, Google’s new feature for Maps should be right up your alley.
Users can now use Google Maps’ Custom Maps feature on the desktop to create their own biking or walking itinerary and then share them with anybody they wish to share it with. People who receive the link to the custom maps can access them or even add them to their own map collection which can be accessed later from the desktop or from the Google Maps app (on Android).
This is a great feature especially when you want to share shortcuts that aren’t easily spotted or you want your friends to try out a path that you enjoy walking or cycling through. Head over to the source link for the full instructions on how you can go about sharing your custom maps.
Next Story: HTC Rezound Preview
- 2014-04-21: Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2014-04-21: Flippypad Concept Shows How Project Ara As A Handheld Gaming Console
- 2014-04-21: Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21: Google Reportedly Working On Stronger End-To-End Encryption For Gmail
- 2014-04-21: HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2014-03-30: 'Google Naps' Finds You Places To Sleep
- 2014-02-27: Google Maps Names A Brooklyn Block As The “Drug Section”
- 2014-02-19: New Google Maps Finally Exits Preview
- 2013-12-13: Google Maps Navigation (Beta) For Android Arrives At Another 25 Countries
- 2013-11-18: Google Maps Image That Depicts Murder Investigation Removed