We recently reported that LG would be rolling out the Gingerbread update to the LG Optimus 2X and according to reports online it looks like the update has started to arrive. So for those of you living in Europe or you purchased the international/unlocked version of this phone – start looking out for the notification to update on your phone. That’s assuming you haven’t already flashed a custom ROM for Android 2.3.
There’s no word on whether those with subsidized/locked devices will be getting the update, but hey – at least some Optimus 2X owners can enjoy the official update, which is better than nothing. With the Gingerbread update set in place, let’s hope that Optimus 2X owners won’t have to wait this long for the Ice Cream Sandwich update once it’s finally released.
In addition to releasing the Android 2.3 update for the Optimus 2X, LG has also announced the same update for the Optimus 3D and Optimus Black which should get it on the weeks commencing November 21st and 28th respectively. And yes, these dates are for unlocked/Europe versions of the phone.RELATED
- Neo900 To Enter Production Soon
- LG G Flex Kicks Off Global Rollout, Hits Key Asian Markets First
- Android 4.4.1 KitKat Update Rumored To Be Worked Upon
- UK Judge Might Have Revealed The HTC M8's Launch Date
- JXD S5800 Android Gaming Tablet/Smartphone Unveiled
- Follow: Android, android 2.3, gingerbread, lg optimus 2x, optimus 2x, update,
- Seen at: intomobile