Well we all know that the upcoming NOOK tablet from Barnes & Noble has been given a November 7th announcement date, but it looks like somebody has decided to ruin the surprise by leaking its details ahead of time. Somebody managed to get their hands on a bunch of slides containing details about the new tablet from B&N and has posted them online for the world to see.
According to the leaked slides, here are the details of the new tablet: it is going to be named the NOOK Tablet, and will be thinner and lighter than the NOOK Color. In terms of appearances, it’s going to look similar to its predecessor, but it’s what’s on the inside that counts. The NOOK Tablet will pack a 1.2GHz dual-core TI OMAP processor, a 7″ VividView IPS (1024 x 600) display, 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, and a microSD card slot.
Battery life is rated at 4 hours of video playback with WiFi on, and 8 hours of video playback with WiFi off. No mention of the operating system but it should be a B&N customized version of Android 2.X. The NOOK Tablet will have a price tag of $249 and should be in stores November 16th.
To go along with the introduction of the new tablet, the NOOK Color will have its price slashed from $249 to $199, while the price of the NOOK Simple Touch will drop from $139 to $99. The NOOK Color will also have a major software update that brings support for Hulu, Rhapsody, MOG, Grooveshark, more digital magazines and apps to choose from.
Anybody excited yet? Stay tuned and we’ll keep you posted when the 7th rolls around.
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10: Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-09-06: LG G Pad: Hands On Review
- 2011-12-22: NOOK Tablet downgraded and auto update blocked
- 2011-12-12: NOOK Color v.1.4.1 update released
- 2011-11-07: Barnes & Noble NOOK Tablet officially announced
- 2011-08-23: Barnes & Noble expands Newsstand selection with NOOK Color update
- 2011-05-20: New Barnes & Noble Nook Color partitioned with 1GB for user storage