If you’re in the market for a new compact camera, Ricoh has recently unveiled their brand new CX6 compact camera, a camera whose AF lock in time is being boasted as taking a mere 0.1 seconds. If you’re wondering why this sounds familiar, it is because the CX6’s autofocus system is the same one used in the CX5 camera that was launched earlier this year.
With the speedy AF lock, Ricoh is also claiming that the CX6 is capable of shooting at 3FPS even with moving subjects. Apart from that, the CX6 will feature a 10MP sensor, a 10.7x zoom 28-300mm equivalent lens, and a Sony WhiteMagic 3” 1.23M dot VGA LCD screen.
The camera will come loaded up with 40MB of storage on board, but can be expanded via SD card and will come with typical exposure metering modes. The Ricoh CX6 will be available in black, white and pink and will be priced at $413. It is also expected to go on sale in December.
- 2014-02-05: Ricoh WG-4, WG-4 GPS Rugged Cameras Announced
- 2014-02-05: Ricoh WG-20 Affordable Rugged Camera Unveiled
- 2013-10-21: Limited Edition Ricoh GR Camera Revealed
- 2013-08-01: Compact Camera Shipments Down By 42.7% According To CIPA Report
- 2012-08-22: Olympus Unveils Flagship Compact Camera: Stylus SP-820UZ iHS with 40X Optical Zoom
- 2012-02-27: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX20 Rugged Compact Camera
- 2012-02-27: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX66 Ultra-slim Camera
- 2012-01-09: Olympus VR-340
- 2011-09-16: Ricoh unveils GR Digital IV camera