Samsung and AT&T have just announced that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 with LTE will be available from AT&T on November 20. The twist however, is that AT&T customer who purchase a Galaxy Tab 8.9 with LTE (and a 2-yr contract) will receive a Galaxy S 2 Skyrocket (LTE) or a Samsung Galaxy S2 at no extra cost.
Now, if you’re thinking of jumping on-board , don’t forget that AT&T’s LTE is rolling out slowly, and that you area may not be covered yet. So far, here is what is covered for now and AT&T is adding new markets: Charlotte, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Oklahoma City, and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
If you’re not familiar with The Galaxy Tab 8.9, I’ve added the official specifications on the full page, along with AT&T’s official pricing of the data plans.
- 4G LTE backed by 4G HSPA+
- Android 3.2 (Honeycomb)
- 15.9 ounces light, 8.6mm thin
- Brilliant 8.9” HD widescreen
- 3.2 megapixel rear facing camera with LED flash, 2 megapixel front facing camera
- Tabbed browsing, Adobe Flash and HTML support
- Snapdragon 1.5 GHz dual core processor
- 16 GB internal memory and expandable up to 32 GB via accessory option
- 1 GB RAM
- TouchWiz® UX
- Dimensions: 230.9 x 157.8 x 8.6 mm
AT&T 4G LTE Data Plans
AT&T tablet customers can choose a $35, 3 GB monthly data plan option with a two-year contract, and customers who do not choose a long-term commitment may still select one of two existing monthly billing options for tablets:
- Postpaid: $14.99 for 250 MB or $25 for 2 GB. Customers on the 2 GB plan who exceed their monthly data plan will be charged $10 per 1 GB of overage. Charges will appear on customers’ monthly wireless statements offering the simplicity of a single bill.
- Prepaid: $14.99 for 250 MB or $25 for 2 GB. Customers on the 2 GB plan who exceed their monthly data plan may choose to purchase an additional 2 GB for $25. Charges will appear on customers’ credit card statements.
AT&T 4G LTE smartphone customers can choose from tiered data plans starting as low as $15 per month. Existing smartphone customers do not have to make changes to their data plan. All plans include access to AT&T’s national Wi-Fi network of more than 29,000 hotspots.
- DataPlus provides 200 megabytes (MB) of data for just $15 per month. An additional 200 MB of data usage is $15.
DataPro provides 2 gigabytes (GB) of data for $25 per month. An additional 1 GB of data is $10. Customers who want to use their device as a mobile hotspot can sign up for DataPro 4GB for $45 a month, which lets you tether or share your data connection across multiple devices.
|Key Specs||Galaxy S2|
|Processor/Soc Name||Exynos 4210, 2-core, 1.2 GHz|
|Max. Total Storage Capacity||64 GB|
|Battery Capacity (mAh)||1650 mAh|
|Complete product data||Samsung Galaxy S2 Full specs and details|