Sony Ericsson has previously mentioned that it will be upgrading its 2011 Xperia portfolio to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, but it didn’t say when it was going to happen. Well, we now have a 4-month window of when that is going to be. Sony Ericsson’s head of marketing Maurizio de Palma mentioned on Facebook that the Ice Cream Sandwich updates should arrive by March.
There was no mention of which phones will be receiving it first, but the folks over at Sony Ericsson should already be hard at work now, seeing that Google has already released Ice Cream Sandwich’s source code to the public. It’ll definitely be a new milestone if Sony Ericsson manages to push out the Android update before the developer community. Who’s excited for Ice Cream Sandwich on their Xperia phones?
- 2013-03-01: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone Jolie Prototype Arrives On eBay
- 2012-08-21: Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich for 2011 Xperia range
- 2012-07-13: Sony to maintain Sony Ericsson logo for a while more?
- 2012-06-04: Sony Ericsson "Julie" Windows Phone prototype spotted in video
- 2012-03-09: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone prototype up for grabs on eBay
- 2012-02-23: Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones
- 2011-11-15: Sony Ericsson will upgrade 2011 Xperia portfolio to Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2011-10-20: Sony Ericsson planning to bring Ice Cream Sandwich to Xperia devices
- 2011-09-08: Sony Ericsson: Current-gen Xperia phones to receive Android 4.0?