We’ve written quite a bit about the Sony Tablet P over the past few months, and while it was released in Japan last month, it looks like the device is now on sale in the UK. The unique dual-screen Android tablet will be available for £499.99 ($771) though we’re pretty sure it’ll be cheaper when it reaches our shores, especially with the inclusion of a 2-year contract.
The Sony Tablet P features two 5.5″ displays that when unfolded form a 10″ display, a 1GHz dual-core Tegra 2 processor, 1GB of RAM, a 5-megapixel rear camera, a VGA front facing camera, 4GB of internal memory, an SD card slot, micro USB connector, 3,080mAh Li-Ion battery, WiFi, and DLNA. The tablet will come with Sony Services, free 6 months basic membership to Music Unlimited, Video Unlimited, Reader Store, and Crash Bandicoot. It will also run on Android 3.2 Honeycomb. Hopefully an Ice Cream Sandwich update is planned for the tablet and won’t take too long to arrive.
No word of when it’ll hit the US, but is anybody thinking of importing it just so they can get it earlier?RELATED
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Survey: Amazon Kindle Fire Preferred Over Tablets With Google Play For Gaming
- Assassin's Creed: Pirates Released For Android, iOS And Kindle Fire
- Galaxy Tab 3 Lite Release Expected Next Month
- ASUS PadFone Mini To Launch In Taiwan Next Week
- Follow: Android, Sony, Tablet, uk,
- Seen at: phandroid