Back in January, I wrote about the Satarii Star Motion Tracking iPhone dock which was crowdsourcing funds to continue production. It’s been about 10 months since we heard about the device, and now it looks like the funding phase was a success and it’s is almost ready to ship out. While it has been renamed to a much catchier Swivl, and given an update in terms of looks as well as vertical movement capabilities, it still remains the same product at its core – an automated swivel dock that can track your every move (provided you keep the marker with you).
The Swivl is the perfect accessory for folks who love making movies with their phones and can never find anybody to help them shoot footage. All you have to do is plug the phone into the dock, start recording and keep the tracker on you. The Swivl will continuously monitor the position of the tracker and keep the phone’s camera pointed in the same direction. So if you decide to walk from one end of the shot to the other, you can be sure that you’ll always be in frame.
The Swivl is compatible with multiple devices (as long as it fits into the dock – it will work) and is expected to ship out in early 2012. It has an estimated retail price of $159.99 and can be reserved today.
- 2014-02-27: Jean-Claude Van Damme Epic Split In Space
- 2014-01-07: Arcsoft SimpliCam with Closeli Cloud Service
- 2013-12-17: Replay for iOS Makes Cool Videos Automatically in Seconds
- 2013-09-03: Video Earrings Are Small LCDs That Hang From Your Earlobes
- 2013-08-26: Sony NEX-5T with WiFi, NFC and Fast Hybrid AF