Coby Electronics has made known its plans to be among the first few companies to release Android Ice Cream Sandwich tablets onto the market next year. Today the company announced not one – but five brand new tablets that will enter the market in the first quarter of 2012 and yes, all of them will be running Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
The five tablets will all feature the same specs except for the display sizes. They will pack a 1GHz ARM Cortex A8 CPU, 1GB of RAM, expandable memory of up to 32GB, WiFi, HDMI 1080p output, and a streamlined experience when it comes to core features (browsing the web, playing games, email, viewing media). The tablets will be available with 7″, 8″, 9″, 9.7″ and 10″ displays – with the 8″ and 9.7″ models featuring a 4:3 aspect ratio.
Other than the aforementioned details, nothing else is known at press time, but the tablets are expected to go on sale “at incredible prices” starting Q1 2012.
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10: Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-09-06: LG G Pad: Hands On Review
- 2011-12-23: Galaxy Tab 8.9 unofficial Ice Cream Sandwich ROM on the way
- 2011-12-22: Ainol Novo7 Paladin tablet retails for $120
- 2011-12-19: Motorola XOOM gets Ice Cream Sandwich unofficially
- 2011-12-09: Notion Ink Adam gets Ice Cream Sandwich (video)
- 2011-11-30: ASUS Eee Pad MeMo 7" Ice Cream Sandwich to arrive in January?