Dell might have stopped selling the Dell Streak 5 in the US, never mind the fact that this little puppy has been cleared for use at the Pentagon, but that does not mean the Texas-based computer manufacturer has stopped all forms of support for the Streak 5. In fact, Dell has just rolled out the official Android 2.3 Gingerbread ROM for said device. If you are one of the few folks out there who own a Dell Streak 5, just head on to the link here and begin the 155MB .pkg file download. Having said that, I would recommend your device is plugged in to a power source, or has full battery capacity, while you perform the download over a Wi-Fi connection.
Also, do remember to make a backup of your device and all the information inside as you can never tell just when something might go wrong. Installation should be a fast and painless effort, assuming you have the right stock recovery version installed (version 350). Those who have already made the update, how do you find your Gingerbread experience compared to Froyo?
Next Story: Star Trek mailbox runs off the sun
- 2013-03-05 Android 4.x Finally Overtakes Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 2012-08-02 Android 2.3 Gingerbread still on the majority of devices accessing the Google Play store, Android 4.0 ICS comes in second
- 2011-11-27 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread headed to Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
- 2011-11-14 LG Optimus 3D receives enhanced Android 2.3 Gingerbread update
- 2011-11-09 Samsung Epic 4G receives Android 2.3 Gingerbread update