The Motorola DROID RAZR, (simply known as the Motorola RAZR in Europe) has started receiving a major update as of today. According to Motorola, the update will bring the phone’s software version up to 651.73.30 and includes a whole bunch of new features and performance improvements. While it isn’t the same as the Verizon update that was pushed out last week, this update also includes improved security features, improvements on call performance and Bluetooth connectivity, as well as WiFi connectivity.
The update also includes the latest version of Evernote, improvements to the camera, a new Smart Rule trigger – Motion Detection, and localization improvements. As usual, be sure to back up your phone before installing the update. If you haven’t received the update notification yet (it will take a while to reach everybody) you can manually request it by going to System > About Phone > System updates > Download.
Next Story: Fake Siri arrives on the Android Market
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-20 Moto G LTE And Ferrari Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20 Moto E Specifications Leaked
- 2014-04-18 Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17 Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2012-04-05 Android 4.0 update for Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX is a no-show
- 2012-04-02 Droid RAZR, RAZR MAXX rumored to receive Android 4.0 update 4th April, HTC Rezound 6th April
- 2012-03-28 Verizon DROID RAZR gets a DIY RAZR MAXX conversion kit
- 2011-10-18 Motorola Droid RAZR Preview
- 2011-10-05 Motorola continues buying up RAZR domain names