We guess one of the perks of being a Google employee is being privy to information that the public has yet to know, such as upcoming Android builds and features, new services and products, etc, and we’re also guessing that another perk would be this Google employee-only Galaxy Nexus phone.
As you can see in the photo above, the Galaxy Nexus for Google employees looks a little different in the back department. Instead of featuring your standard looking back casing, it has instead been outfitted with a custom casing of its own featuring both Android and Google+ icons, rather apt considering that it’s given out only to Google employees. This special edition Galaxy Nexus is apparently a thank you Christmas present to their staff.
While we can’t be certain, there is a good chance that apart from this custom back casing, the internals of the phone should remain the same as what the rest of the world is receiving. If you really want to get your hands on this special edition Galaxy Nexus, you should probably keep your eyes peeled on eBay and Craigslist for enterprising Google employees looking to make a quick buck on this special edition Galaxy Nexus.
- 2014-04-17: Project Loon Tests LTE In Nevada (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-17: Home Try-On Program For Google Glass Launched
- 2014-04-16: Google Offering $100,000 For Best Project Ara Module
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2013-11-05: Petition Urges Google To Reconsider Android 4.4 For Galaxy Nexus
- 2013-02-15: Ubuntu Mobile Developer Edition Lands On February 21
- 2012-08-26: Your Google Nexus experience with Verizon and Sprint - hot or not?
- 2012-07-05: Galaxy Nexus to resume sales next week, updated to Android 4.1 to address issues in dispute, says report
- 2012-07-03: Galaxy Nexus is nowhere to be found on Google Play