Remember our story last week that saw the announcement of Grand Theft Auto 3 (GTA 3) being prepared to arrive on the iOS and Android-powered platforms? Well, the day has finally arrived, and today’s release of Grand Theft Auto 3: Ten Year Anniversary Edition is now ready to be purchased from the App Store and the Android Marketplace for $4.99 a pop, regardless of which way you decide to swing. Those who have given it a go came away with generally one reaction – it stays true to the original PS2 title of all those years ago, complete with improved graphics, of course, in addition to a touch interface.
GTA3 will a third-person game that is different from the top-down style that Chinatown Wars on the Nintendo DS was, and you will most probably spend hours upon hours going through a 3D Liberty City as you work your way up the crime hierarchy. At a relatively affordable $4.99, this is perfectly poised to help you take a walk down memory lane, despite the fact that this is not going to be the prettiest game around. Both iPads, the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, as well as the iPod touch 4th Generation will play nice with the title from Apple’s side, while Android phones capable of handling this game would be the HTC Rezound, LG Optimus 2x, Motorola Atrix 4G, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Photon 4G, Samsung Galaxy, T-Mobile G2x, and tablets from Android include the Acer Iconia, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Dell Streak 7, LG Optimus Pad, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1, Sony Tablet S, and Toshiba Thrive.
- 2012-09-27: Grand Theft Auto 3 makes its way onto the PlayStation Store
- 2012-08-01: GTA 3 for PSN runs into last minute delay due to licensing issues
- 2012-07-27: Grand Theft Auto 3 heading onto PSN 31st July
- 2012-02-29: Grand Theft Auto 3: 10 Year Anniversary Edition for iOS receives a new update
- 2012-01-26: Grand Theft Auto III for Android update with Transformer Prime and SD card support