Terms and conditions apply, of course. After all, there is no such thing as a free lunch in this world, right? Amazon’s recent introduction of the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library will enable them to borrow a free e-book each month, where you can choose from around 5,000 titles, and now Kobo intends to give new Kobo Touch owners free e-books thanks to the “Kobo 2012 Book Club.” Basically, those who purchase a new Kobo Touch and activate it between November 24, 2011 and March 31, 2012, will be eligible for the free e-book.
Before that though, you will need to sign up to receive the Kobo e-mail offers, and then only will you be offered your free monthly e-book. These electronic tomes will hail from a short list of participating publishers such as e-Reads, F+W Media, Gooseberry Patch, Harvard Business Review Press, Kensington and New Word City, alongside self-published authors such as Blake Crouch, J.A. Konrath, Shayna Krishnasamy and Phyllis Smallman.
For January next year, the three free e-books are Pride and Prejudice: The Wild and Wanton Edition (Adams Media/F+W), HBR’s 10 Must Reads: On Managing PeopleA (Harvard Business Review Press) and Star Wars Vs. Star Trek (Adams/F+W).
- 2014-02-06: Kobo Chosen To Be Sony’s Choice Of eBookstore For The Sony Reader
- 2013-10-20: Kobo Arc 7 HD And Kobo Arc 10 HD Make FCC Appearance
- 2013-08-27: Kobo Aura Announced, Comes In Black And Pink Shades
- 2013-08-27: Kobo Arc 10HD Set To Rock And Roll
- 2013-08-27: Kobo Has The Arc 7 For Tablet Newbies
- 2012-03-01: Kobo eReading app for Windows 8
- 2011-12-08: Kobo to develop Metro-style apps for Windows 8
- 2011-11-23: Kobo Touch introduced
- 2011-11-08: Kobo acquired by Rakuten
- 2011-07-27: Kobo develops HTML5 web app to get by App Store rules