If you own the Sony Tablet S and you were looking to get your game on, the good news is that Sony has rolled out an update for the PlayStation-certified tablet that will allow users to connect their existing PlayStation 3 controllers to the tablet to play games. The update will also come with a free download of an Ape Escape-themed mini-game collection.
Unfortunately it appears that the update is available only in Japan (if it’s available outside of Japan, do let us know!) for the SGPT111JP / S · SGPT112JP / S · SGPT113JP / S · SGPT211JP / S models, which means if you own the Sony Tablet S outside of Japan, you might have to wait before Sony rolls out the update for you guys. A USB adapter cable is still required for connect your PS3 controller to the tablet.
It also does not appear that the clamshell Sony Tablet P has received the update yet, but perhaps that will arrive at a later date.RELATED
- Survey: Amazon Kindle Fire Preferred Over Tablets With Google Play For Gaming
- Xbox One SmartGlass App Now Available On iOS, Android
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- PlayStation App Released Ahead Of PS4 Launch On iOS, Android
- Call Of Duty Companion App Released For iOS, Android, Windows
- Follow: ps3, Sony, Tablet,
- Seen at: engadget