If you own the Sony Tablet S and you were looking to get your game on, the good news is that Sony has rolled out an update for the PlayStation-certified tablet that will allow users to connect their existing PlayStation 3 controllers to the tablet to play games. The update will also come with a free download of an Ape Escape-themed mini-game collection.
Unfortunately it appears that the update is available only in Japan (if it’s available outside of Japan, do let us know!) for the SGPT111JP / S · SGPT112JP / S · SGPT113JP / S · SGPT211JP / S models, which means if you own the Sony Tablet S outside of Japan, you might have to wait before Sony rolls out the update for you guys. A USB adapter cable is still required for connect your PS3 controller to the tablet.
It also does not appear that the clamshell Sony Tablet P has received the update yet, but perhaps that will arrive at a later date.
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-03-18: Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Arrives On PS3, PS Vita
- 2014-01-14: Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD Launches On The Sony PS3
- 2013-12-29: PS4 Gets VidZone Free Music Video Streaming App
- 2013-12-26: Sony To End Online Support For Some Of Their First-Party PS3 Titles
- 2013-12-16: Minecraft PS3 Edition Release Date Announced To Be December 17