Browser wars – either you hate it, love it, or are indifferent. For those who feel that Firefox is the next best thing on earth since sliced bread, along comes Mozilla with their latest announcement concerning Firefox 12 – where it will come with the long-awaited New Tab Page and Home Tab. Early impressions say that the new tab page is not too far off Chrome’s feature that bears a similar moniker, while the home tab will continue from the new tab page that has been popularized through Chrome and Opera, although Mozilla wanted to stand out from the rest of the crowd by including functionality that is unique to Firefox alone.
Currently, the tab page shows you a 3-by-3 grid of your most-visited websites, and that is that. You can opt to pin a tile or hide one, depending on just how proud (or embarrassed) you are of your surfing history. Not only that, these tiles can be rearranged according to your whim and fancy, while “launchers” located at the bottom function as one-click links to your downloads, settings, and apps amongst others. Not only that, Firefox 12 will deliver URL auto complete to the Firefox address bar, taking yet another page from Google’s books. Do you think that Firefox 12 will be able to hold its own against other browsers?
- 2014-04-10 Firefox OS 2.0 Begins To Take Shape
- 2014-03-19 Former Firefox Developer Explains Mozilla's Decision To Drop Its Modern UI Project
- 2014-03-19 Firefox Powers Better In-Browser Games At GDC14
- 2014-03-14 Mozilla Kills "Firefox For Metro" Project Citing Low Adoption
- 2014-02-24 Mozilla Plan On Bringing $25 Smartphones To The Market