We did take the Huawei Honor out for more than just a spin recently, and came away pretty impressed with the smartphone. Who knows, Huawei could be the second generation HTC? Just to recap, this particular smartphone runs off an 1.4GHz single-core processor, sporting a 4″ FWVGA (480 x 854 resolution) display, 512MB RAM, 4GB ROM, an 8-megapixel camera, a 2-megapixel front-facing camera that is perfect for video calls, a microSD memory card slot, and a rather 1900mAh battery. With all of that in mind, Huawei and China Unicom decided that the China market is ready for an Ice Cream Sandwich-powered Honor.
This particular smartphone with the latest version of the Android operating system will be released within a month’s time, which would mean this could very well be the ideal Valentine’s Day gift if your other half happens to be an Android fan who needs a new phone. No idea on whether the Ice Cream Sandwich code written for the China Unicom model is exclusive or not – only time will tell, but at least it springs up hope that the US version of the Honor might just receive an Ice Cream Sandwich update in due time.
- 2013-04-29: Android Design Head Praises Facebook Home's Attention To Design
- 2013-04-28: Google Glass CPU And RAM Specifications Revealed
- 2013-02-07: HTC Thunderbolt Ice Cream Sandwich Performance Issues
- 2013-02-05: HTC Thunderbolt Gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Update
- 2013-01-31: Verizon HTC Thunderbolt Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Update