Meizu’s latest flagship Android device, the Meizu MX went on sale in China and Hong Kong yesterday, and it looks like it’s a pretty big hit. According to a press release and photographs from Meizu, there were tons of people standing in line, waiting to get their hands on the smartphone. The queue outside the Hong Kong store was even said to have over a thousand people at its peak. In Guangzhou, China it was reported that the customer who was first in line for the Meizu MX was also the same person who was first in line for the Meizu M9 the previous year. Talk about dedication!
Hopefully the phone can find its way to the rest of the world because we sure wouldn’t mind getting our hands one of these purported “iPhone killers”. We’ll keep you posted if that happens.
Next Story: Samsung Core trademark filed
- 2014-04-13: Meizu MX3 With Ubuntu Spotted
- 2014-03-23: Meizu Might Take On Xiaomi Redmi Note With Blue Charm Note
- 2014-03-05: Meizu MX4 Could Be Announced On 6th Of March
- 2014-02-19: Meizu And BQ To Roll Out Ubuntu Smartphones
- 2014-01-21: Meizu Teases MX4G And MX4G Mini
- 2014-01-07: Meizu MX3 U.S. Launch Planned For Q3, 2014
- 2012-09-10: Meizu MX Review (Quad-core)
- 2012-04-02: Meizu MX and M9 receives Android 4.0 public beta update
- 2011-12-30: Meizu MX goes on sale in China this Sunday
- 2011-08-15: Meizu MX revealed in more images