[CES 2012] The S-series is Olympus’ mid-range offering in its point-and-shoot category featuring ultra zoom capabilities.
Touted to be super-slim by the manufacturer, the new Olympus SZ-12 gets a 14-megapixel CCD sensor, a 24x optical wide-angle zoom lens (25-600mm equivalent*), a 3-inch LCD display (460K) and built-in Dual Image Stabilization.
Thanks to the Telephoto Macro feature, you can capture the small details of an object and shoot at very close range (inches). The high-speed shooting mode shoots seven still images per second which is great for taking pictures of fast-moving subjects, like kids playing sports.
The Ten Magic Art Filters is a suite of special effects that you can add to your photos directly from the camera, it features the new Reflection magic filter that duplicates an image symmetrically across a horizontal or a vertical axis.
The camera is compatible with the Eye-Fi card that enables wireless online sharing.
The Olympus SZ-12 will be available in March in silver, black and red) for $199.99. Out of the box, in addition to the camera, you will get a camera strap, USB Cable, USB-AC Adapter (F-2AC), Lithium-Ion Battery (LI-50B), Audio/Video cable, Quick Start Guide, Instruction Manual and OLYMPUS Software CD-ROM and a Warranty card.RELATED
- Nikon Wins Injunction Against The Polaroid iM1836
- Lightstrap Turns Your iPhone Into A Flash Ring
- Canon EOS M2 Might Be A Japan-Only Release For Now
- Star Wars Starts An Instagram Account, Posts A Darth Vader Selfie
- Canon EOS M2 Announced With Improved AF System
- Follow: camera, CES, ces 2012, compact camera, Olympus, photo,