After what seemed like forever, the TiVo app for Android is finally here. In addition to the software update to the TiVo Premiere DVR that was released today, the TiVo Android app made its debut in the Android Market as well. Now you can control your TiVo DVRs from any Android 2.1+ phone or 7″ tablet (no word on whether it works on 10″ tablets but the app description mentions 7″).
Features of the Android app include – the ability to browse the channel guide and record shows without having to exit the currently running program, check out shows up to 14 days in advance, schedule TV shows and movie recordings, search for content over your TV, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video and Blockbuster in an integrated view, explore information on the cast and crew of the current show, comment and share about the show on Facebook or Twitter, control your TiVo as though you were holding a remote, and schedule, search and browse content remotely.
Download it from the Android Market for free.
Next Story: E FUN APEN A5 Digital Pen
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2011-06-20: TiVo releasing new Android and iOS apps