[CES 2012] Verizon announced a pretty interesting addition to its MiFi lineup today: the Verizon Jetpack. Developed by ZTE, this mobile hotspot gives Verizon users access to internet in and out of the country. While users will have 4G LTE access in the US, it wasn’t mentioned how fast they would be access the internet out of the country. The Jetpack is touted to be working in over 205 countries (over 125 with 3G speeds) though you can expect a pretty hefty roaming fee.
The Jetpack comes with an OLED screen and interactive keypad to help manage connections and settings and to display data usage alerts. The mobile hotspot supports up to 10 devices and will be available in the coming weeks – price to be confirmed.
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2014-04-07: Verizon To Purchase Cincinnati Bell's Spectrum And Wireless Infrastructure
- 2014-04-07: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2013-04-18: Sprint Announces LTE Expansion In 21 New Markets
- 2013-04-14: T-Mobile iPhone Launch Day Was "Gangbusters"
- 2013-01-29: Verizon Jetpack 4G Hotspot 5510L Available January 31 For $20
- 2013-01-04: AT&T Unite Is a 4G LTE Hotspot With 2.4-inch Touchscreen
- 2012-08-28: Verizon Turbine 7.0 could be ZTE V66 in disguise