According to Italian Windows Phone site Plaffo, there are some folks who have reported that a new update for the Windows Phone operating system has started to be seeded among users, with Vodafone’s LG Optimus 7 already on the receiving end. Needless to say, every decent software or operating system update worth its salt ought to come with a wide range of improvements, and this one does not disappoint as it is said to introduce a bunch of important bug fixes, including making sure your virtual keyboard does pull off a Houdini any more. To read about the other improvements, head on after the jump.
This update will bump up the version number to 7.10.8107.79, where it will include additional security centric fixes like the location privacy issue, making sure your Gmail will synchronize properly without any more issues, as well as patching up a problem with e-mail related to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. No idea on when your carrier will (or if) receive this latest update, so you might want to check with them beforehand.
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Version Revealed
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Could Be Released Today [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Microsoft Looks Into 3D Face Scanner Using Windows Phone Handset
- 2012-06-28: Nokia Lumia 800 and 710 get WiFi Hotspot feature in latest update
- 2011-10-27: Windows Phone Apollo launching mid 2012 according to Nokia's VP
- 2011-10-21: Tango update brings LTE to Windows Phones
- 2011-10-19: Windows Phone Mango update available to "nearly everyone"
- 2011-10-13: Microsoft giving Windows Phone devices to frustrated BlackBerry and iOS users