Were you stoked by the Samsung Galaxy Note? Well, LG hits one back with their Optimus Vu, which is a 5″ smartphone that could fool some of us into thinking that this is a mini tablet to boot. Boasting LTE and IPS display technology, the LG Optimus Vu delivers a generous screen size that would definitely be pleasing to your eyes – could 5″ be the new 4.3″? We do know that the LG Optimus Vu is powered by a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, sporting 32GB of internal memory, and to make sure that it does not run out of juice so soon after you have left your home, it is packed with a large 2,080 mAh battery.
The 5″ display comes with a bright 4:3 aspect ratio that has been specially optimized for portable viewing, letting your eyes grasp more visuals at a glance, not to mention note taking being a snap. As for its IPS display, every color is realized in its natural state, delivering the best viewing experience even under bright sunlight. As for cameras, the status quo remains – it has an 8-megapixel shooter at the back with an LED flash, while the front holds a 1.3-megapixel camera. Connectivity options include HDMI and DLNA, and although it launches with Android 2.3 Gingerbread right out of the box, it will be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in due time. No idea on when the Optimus Vu would arrive Stateside, but we do hope to dig up more information on it at MWC later this month. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2013-07-31: LG Vu 3 Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2013-01-02: LG Boasts 1 Million Optimus Vu Units Sold In South Korea
- 2012-10-20: Verizon LG Intuition Review
- 2012-08-27: LG Optimus Vu/Intuition press shot spotted, possible 15th September release
- 2012-08-19: Global LG Optimus Vu gets Tegra 3