Playing FPS games on the gamepad, keyboard and mouse or via your smartphone/tablet’s interface is all good, but admit it – using a gun controller certainly does take things to the next level, wouldn’t you agree? The good news is that if you’re looking for such an experience, MetalCompass will be debuting the Xappr and the Micro-Xappr Gun at the international toy fair held in Nuremberg, Germany.
While you will most likely will not end up playing FPS games like Quake, Counter-Strike or Modern Warfare 3 with the Xappr gun, you will instead be getting access to a variety of augmented reality and shooting games. This includes games such as intercepting alien spaceships, eliminating ghosts, fighting off zombies, evil robots and it was even suggested that multiplayer gaming was supported.
Multiplayer gaming will take the form of the ATK game and will simulate combat scenarios, allow access to various weaponry and will feature three battle modes – death match, last man standing and teams mode. The Xappr and Micro-Xappr Guns are expected to be made available in spring with pre-orders being taken now for $29.99. According to its website, the Xappr and Micro-Xappr Guns appears to be compatible with iOS, Android and Windows Phone. [Product page]
Next Story: Seagate GoFlex Thunderbolt adapter now available
- 2012-03-21: Man flies using Wiimote?
- 2011-11-16: Gametel Bluetooth accessory delivers console-feel gaming for Android phones
- 2011-07-12: Enjoy haptic feedback gaming on your iPhone with the Pulse
- 2011-06-24: MicroPointing's Miniature Mouse Fits On Just About Anything
- 2011-04-11: AR.FlyingAce lets your AR.Drone shoot lasers