There have been many different versions of Monopoly in the past and its themes have ranged from countries, to movies and video games, and adding to that list would be none other than Blizzard’s wildly popular MMORPG, World of Warcraft, a game which used to hold somewhat of a monopoly in the past on MMORPGs, but now it looks like Monopoly got a hold of them!
Bad jokes aside, it seems that Blizzard and USAopoly will be teaming up to launch Monopoly: World of Warcraft and Risk: Starcraft, with the latter expecting to see a launch in North American markets this summer. Right now Blizzard and USAopoly are holding a vote on Facebook where fans can help to decide which tokens for Monopoly: World of Warcraft will be making its way into the board game. Personally I voted for the corehound pup; it would be pretty cute to see it get miniaturized.
Risk: Starcraft on the other hand will be getting 290 custom pieces of its own and will feature the various factions within the game, such as the Terran, Protoss and Zerg, along with six unique heroes. Monopoly: World of Warcraft is expected to be priced at $39.95, while Risk: Starcraft will go for $49.95. So, which of these two board games are you looking most forward to?
Next Story: WRENZ speakers are shaped like birds
- 2014-04-11: Blizzard Unveils New Heroes Of The Storm Characters
- 2014-04-11: World Of Warcraft's Choppers Are About To Be Made A Reality
- 2014-04-08: Blizzard Files For Overwatch Trademark
- 2014-04-08: Warlords Of Draenor New Tauren Animations Shown Off
- 2014-04-03: World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor Enters Alpha Testing Phase