[MWC] Back in October 2011, we covered Polycom RealPresence mobile, the enterprise video conferencing solution for tablets, it is available now on Apple iPad2, Motorola XOOM, DROID XYBOARD by Motorola, and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1-. Today, at MWC, one of the leading business audio/video conferencing company in the world announced its solution for the iPhones 4S.
Basically, Polycom account owners will be able to host a conference on the iPhone 4S and invite anyone with a computer, a compatible tablet or an iPhone 4s to join the HD video call. The RealPresence Mobile software application for tablets and smartphones can be downloaded for free from the Apple App Storeand Android Market™, the call initiator need to have a paid account in the Polycom RealPresence Platform.
According to Polycom, this solution provides secure, high-quality HD video collaboration, participants can easily swap from video conferencing to viewing a presentation (see picture in the complete article).
RealPresence Mobile Features for the iPhone 4S
- view content – such as presentations – by swapping the view between the content and conference participants.
- allows users to block their video image during a meeting if desired.
- HD video conferencing up to 16 participants
- delivers the required provisioning, management, scalability, reliability (lost packet recovery), security, and firewall traversal required by enterprises with a large number of mobile employees
New Features for RealPresence Mobile on the iPad2
- capability to share PDF files from the tablet with other video meeting participants.
- Polycom plans to make this feature, as well as additional language options, available to the iPhone 4S and Android mobile devices in the future.
Next Story: Nokia Lumia 610 hands on
- 2014-03-13: ZTE Grand Memo 2 LTE: Video Hands-On
- 2014-03-12: HTC Desire 816, Hands-On Preview
- 2014-02-26: Best of MWC 2014 @ Ubergizmo
- 2014-02-26: WhatsApp Didn't Receive A Buyout Offer From Google
- 2014-02-26: Ubuntu Phones Will Hit The Market This Fall