[MWC 2012] Prior to MWC, there were rumors suggesting that Samsung would be coming up with a larger version of the Galaxy Note, the Galaxy Note 10.1 to be exact, and for those who were hoping to see a 10.1” tablet with S-Pen support, you’re in luck as Samsung has officially taken the wraps off the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. Users out there who have enjoyed the Samsung Galaxy Note, but who would prefer a larger display to write/draw will probably want to check it out.
In terms of hardware, the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 will be powered by a dual-core processor under its hood that has been clocked at 1.4GHz. It will sport 1GB of RAM and will come in storage capacities of 16/32/64GB, and can be further expanded by an additional 32GB via microSD. It will also feature a 10.1” 1280×800 PLS TFT display with a 3MP rear-facing camera and a 2MP front-facing camera.
To showcase the support for the S-Pen, Samsung has include features such as S Note and S Planner, with the S Note allowing users to create their own content by joining notes and sketches together with content from the web, all of which can be done within the app itself without the need to switch screens. The device will feature a variety of connectivity options, such as WiFi, HSPA+ 21Mbps, Bluetooth 3.0 and USB.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 will be launched with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on board, but unfortunately no word on pricing or availability just yet.
Next Story: MWC 2012 Press Day Wrap Up
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2013-02-24: Samsung Homesync Is A Powerful Media Server Running Android Jelly Bean
- 2012-08-15: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update confirmed
- 2012-02-28: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Preview
- 2012-02-28: Galaxy Note 10.1 Preview
- 2012-02-27: Samsung Galaxy Beam demonstrated on video