About a week ago, we reported that there were rumors that the Samsung Galaxy S3 would not be making its debut at MWC 2012. The successor to the highly-popular Galaxy S2 is a much anticipated device, and with MWC being one of the larger (if not the largest) mobile convention of the year, it was naturally assumed that Samsung would make use of the large crowd and the exposure to launch the Galaxy S3. As it turns out, whoever spread those rumors ended up being right and it was confirmed by none other than Samsung themselves who issued the following statement:
“Samsung is looking forward to introducing and demonstrating exciting new mobile products at Mobile World Congress 2012. The successor to the Galaxy S2 smartphone will be unveiled at a separate Samsung-hosted event in the first half of the year, closer to commercial availability of the product. Samsung stays committed to providing the best possible mobile experiences for customers around the world.”
Yup, it looks like all that speculation turned out to be correct about Samsung wanting a smaller gap between its launch and the product’s availability. For those who may have forgotten, the Galaxy S2 was announced early in 2011, and while it might have reached European and Asian markets a few months later, its entry to the US ended up being more than half a year late.
Looks like Samsung is trying to avoid that mistake the second time round. Either way if you’re looking forward to the Samsung Galaxy S3, you’ll be in for a wait over the next few months. Hopefully more information (and photos) will surface from now until then!
- 2014-04-13: Google Executive Says No iPhone Features Were Copied For Android
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For T-Mobile And Sprint Variants Available
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2013-03-18: Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2 To Get Android 5.0? [Rumor]
- 2012-10-31: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE model gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update
- 2012-10-17: Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean confirmed for “the coming months”
- 2012-10-15: Samsung UK confirms Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S3
- 2012-01-25: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't be unveiled at MWC?