While Samsung may not be holding a media event of their own come MWC 2012, it looks like we might have gotten a look at an upcoming tablet that Samsung could be unveiling at the conference itself. The tablet has been dubbed the Galaxy Tab 2, rather appropriate given that it is the successor to the original 7” Galaxy Tab Android tablet.
Much like its predecessor, the Galaxy Tab 2 will sport a 7” display but will see an upgrade in terms of the rest of its hardware. This includes a 1GHz dual-core processor under the hood, 1GB of RAM, a 3MP rear-facing camera, a VGA front-facing camera, comes in storage sizes of 16GB or 32GB, sports a whopping 4,000mAh battery and will come with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on board with Samsung’s very own TouchWiz UI on top of it.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 is expected to see a launch next month in Sweden, Finland, Norway and Denmark among other markets. Unfortunately at this point in time, pricing and availability of the tablet in the US remains unknown, perhaps more will be revealed at MWC, so check back with us then!
Update – The Galaxy Tab 2 will also come in a 10.1″ model, and both of which will be seeing a global launch in March starting with the UK.
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2014-03-27: Root Galaxy S5 SM-G900F With Updated CF-Auto-Root Tool
- 2014-03-13: Samsung Dominates 65% Of Global Android Market [Report]
- 2014-03-05: Android 4.4 Kitkat Update In Galaxy S4 And Galaxy Note 3 Drops Benchmark Optimization
- 2014-02-16: Samsung Could Have Bought Android In 2004 But Chose Not To
- 2014-01-29: Samsung To Cut Back On Android Modifications [Report]