Sony updated Cyber-shot lineup started to roll out in January with the beautiful Cyber-shot DSC-TX200V, a brand new glass-design point and shoot camera.
Among other things, the new Cyber-shot product line features an improved “Exmor R” CMOS sensor that delivers higher pixel count (up to 18.2 MP), improved low light image capture and faster AF speed of approximately 0.13 second in daylight, 0.25 seconds in low-light.
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX66 is an eye-candy, thanks to its ultra-slim body (12.2 mm), elegant design and appealing colors. (See pictures in the complete article and the gallery)
Despite its ultra compact body, the DSC-TX66 delivers serious performance, with 18.2 MP still image and full HD video capture, fast AF speed (as little as 0.13 second), enhanced Optical SteadyShot , 5x wide-angle optical zoom lens (26-130mmin 35mm format) with 10x digital “Clear Image Zoom”.
According to Sony, high megapixel count is important for consumers, even though, most of the time, it is not super useful since most people do not need to print professional-grade posters. Compact cameras can still compete with Smartphones if they deliver higher image quality and features that are not available in phones, such as optical zoom, enhanced image stabilization, Dual- Record (shooting simultaneously videos and still images), fast lens and super fast auto-focus.
The HTC One X Smartphone, launched on Sunday 2/26 at MWC, provides fast lens, fast shutter speed, super fast auto-focus and dual-record. The Nokia 808 PureView Smartphone, launched today at MWC, delivers insanely high megapixel count with its 41 Megapixel sensor that captures up to 38 MP still images!
The DSC-TX66 camera will be available in silver, gold, red, white, purple and pink this March for about $350.
- 18.2 MP “Exmor R” CMOS sensor
- Ultra-thin design -12.2 mm thick (excluding lens cover)
- Fast AF speed of approximately 0.13 second in daylight, 0.25 seconds in low-light (speeds may vary based on shooting conditions)
- 5x wide-angle optical zoom lens (26-130mmin 35mm format) with 10x digital “Clear Image Zoom” at full resolution
- “Extra High Sensitivity” technology enhances low-light shooting capabilities
- 3.3-inch OLED touch-screen
- Captures 13 MP equivalent still images while shooting video via “Dual-Record”
- Full HD Movie Shooting capability (1920×1080/60i)
- Enhanced Optical SteadyShot for imporved image satabilization
“Photo Creativity” interface plus 9 “Picture Effect” options for creating unique, custom-styled photos and video
Next Story: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX20 Rugged Compact Camera