According to a patent released some time back by Patently Apple, Apple might be working on a new 3D camera that could possibly be used in an upcoming iPhone, the next iPad and any other potential device including a standalone camera. Given the beautifully sharp graphical capability of the Retina Displays on several iOS products, it would make sense to allow the devices to capture 3D images as the pictures will be admired even more on a screen like that.
According to PatentlyApple, which has a complete list of the probable camera should it be produced, the device would be capable of features like facial and gesture recognition. Although it is just a patent and the fact remains that nothing might even come to fruition from it, there isn’t anything wrong with the intriguing thought of either a 3D camera on iOS or even one that stands alone.
Next Story: Smart windows help buildings remain cool
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Intends To Trademark Gear Now And Gear Solo In The US
- 2014-04-01: Apple Patent Describes iPhone With Bayonet Camera Lens Mount
- 2014-03-27: Apple Looks At Possible iPad Smart Case With Integrated Multitouch Keyboard
- 2014-03-27: Transparent Texting Patent Granted To Apple
- 2014-03-21: Lenovo Spends $100 Million Acquiring New Patents And Licenses