It can be safe to say that liquid cooling solutions tend to target desktops only – after all, why else would you want to add such a bulky peripheral to your notebook, clearly when the notebook’s purpose is meant to make you live a mobile lifestyle without being encumbered by the unnecessary? Well, Asetek thinks otherwise, hoping to carve a niche market with their own notebook liquid cooling solution. This is still a prototype, so you will not be able to see it on sale in the markets just yet, where it has been integrated with an Alienware M18x gaming notebook, a gaming rig which generates more than its fair share of heat when placed on the lap, running at full steam ahead when you game. After all, underneath the hood lies an Intel Core i7 3.5 GHz processor and dual AMD Radeon HD 6990M graphics cards. With Asetek’s liquid cooling solution, it will circulate through all parts of the notebook that requires active cooling. Initial performance results have proved to be encouraging, where one is able to overclock a notebook from 18% to 23% across the board without missing a beat.
- Chromecast Now Able To Stream Web-Based Google Play Content
- ASUS VivoPC Windows 8-Powered Home Theater PC Now Available
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Man Implants Large Biometric Computer Chip Into His Forearm