Blizzard’s upcoming World of Warcraft expansion, Mists of Panderia, was announced not too long ago and its beta has recently gone live, so would it be premature for Blizzard to start planning for the MMORPG’s future expansion? Apparently not as Blizzard’s COO Pail Sams has revealed that the MMORPG will be seeing a fifth and a sixth expansion in the future, although the details regarding the content remain a bit fuzzy for now.
“I got the pitch from [Blizzard senior vice president of creative development Chris Metzen] of what they plan for 6.0, and I’m pretty geeked up about it. They already know what they’re going to be doing for multiple expansions ahead.”
It has been rumored in the past that Blizzard is expected to bring the World of Warcraft MMORPG franchise to a close when the player level cap reaches 100, which means based at the levels allowed per expansion, we’ve still got a couple more to go, although this recent quote by Blizzard’s COO leads us to think that the company has more in store for the World of Warcraft, although don’t expect that information to be announced so soon, at least not when Mists of Panderia, the game’s fourth expansion, has yet to be released.
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-16: Warlords Of Draenor Might Not Require You To Upgrade Your Computer
- 2014-04-11: Blizzard Unveils New Heroes Of The Storm Characters
- 2014-04-11: World Of Warcraft's Choppers Are About To Be Made A Reality
- 2014-04-08: Blizzard Files For Overwatch Trademark
- 2014-04-08: Warlords Of Draenor New Tauren Animations Shown Off
- 2014-04-03: World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor Enters Alpha Testing Phase
- 2014-03-13: Warlords Of Draenor Will Be Released By The End Of The Year