It looks like HTC is set to revamp its HTCSense.com cloud service. Yesterday, HTC announced that it will be shutting down the service in order to improve it. For those of you unfamiliar with HTCSense.com, it is a service launched by HTC back in 2010 for HTC phone owners to back up their contacts, messages, call history, and track their devices.
For those of you who use the service – fear not. You’ll be able to download everything you’ve stored on it in a handy zip file before it gets erased. Just log in to HTCSense.com before April 30th 2012 and click “Download” in the Account Overview section. No word on what new features HTC plans to implement in the next version of HTCSense.com but the Taiwanese company has paired up with quite a number of companies with cloud-based services over the past few months (i.e. Dropbox), so they could be an indication of what’s to come. Any guesses to what we’ll see?
Next Story: Google Drive rumored to arrive this April
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked