The Huawei Ascend D Quad was one of the more impressive phones shown off at MWC 2012, and while no release date was revealed for the phone it looks like we might be in for a long wait. According to a Chinese website CNMO, Huawei is only scheduled to start mass production of the phone in June. This means that we’ll only be seeing the phone on the market sometime in July. Not good news since by then, its biggest competitors the HTC One X and Galaxy S3 should be available by then. Perhaps Huawei will edge out the competition with lower prices? I guess we’ll just have to see.
The Huawei Ascend D Quad features a 4.5″ IPS HD (1280 x 720) display, a 1.5GHz Tegra 3 quad-core processor or a Huawei 1.2GHz quad-core processor, an 8-megapixel rear camera, 1.3-megapixel front facing camera, 5.1 surround sound with Dolby Mobile 3.0 Plus, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage, microSD card slot, Bluetooth 3.0, WiFi, HSPA+ and Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Anybody looking forward to pick up this phone when it is released?
Next Story: Sony Xperia neo L announced
- 2014-04-17: Chinese Manufacturers Gear Up To Rain On OnePlus' Parade
- 2014-04-14: Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2014-03-19: Huawei Dual Boot Windows Phone And Android Device Scrapped
- 2014-03-13: Huawei To Introduce Dual Boot Windows Phone And Android Device
- 2014-02-02: Huawei Tablet To Take On Nexus 7
- 2014-01-09: Huawei Debuts Tron Android-Powered Gaming Console
- 2013-10-07: Microsoft Approached Samsung And Huawei About Dual-Booting Windows Phone/Android Devices [Rumor]