Wireless charging is an elegant solution for those who’d rather not deal with a mass of messy cable strewn across the floor and table, but unfortunately most wireless charging solutions leave us unable to do much with the device while it charges. Apparently that is an issue that LG has thought needed addressing, which is why they have launched a new wireless charger dubbed the WCD-800, the successor to the smaller WCP-700.
As you can see in the photo above, the WCD-800 is a wireless charger that acts as a cradle of sorts, allowing the user to make phone calls, surf the web, read/reply text messages and watch videos from a more comfortable angle. LG claims that this is achieved through a larger charging area which is double the size of the WCP-700, allowing the device to be charged in both horizontal and vertical positions. Unfortunately pricing is not known at this point, but LG will be launching the WCD-800 in Korea first, followed by North America in the first half of 2012.RELATED
- Leap Motion Gesture Control Could Debut On Smartphones And Tablets Late Next Year
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos iOS App Gets Native iPad And Video Upload Support
- Record Android Device's Screen With Audio Through CyanogenMod Screencast App
- Google Play Store Game Categories To Be Expanded In February
- Google Hangouts App Update Improves SMS, MMS Messaging
- Follow: LG,