Wireless charging is an elegant solution for those who’d rather not deal with a mass of messy cable strewn across the floor and table, but unfortunately most wireless charging solutions leave us unable to do much with the device while it charges. Apparently that is an issue that LG has thought needed addressing, which is why they have launched a new wireless charger dubbed the WCD-800, the successor to the smaller WCP-700.
As you can see in the photo above, the WCD-800 is a wireless charger that acts as a cradle of sorts, allowing the user to make phone calls, surf the web, read/reply text messages and watch videos from a more comfortable angle. LG claims that this is achieved through a larger charging area which is double the size of the WCP-700, allowing the device to be charged in both horizontal and vertical positions. Unfortunately pricing is not known at this point, but LG will be launching the WCD-800 in Korea first, followed by North America in the first half of 2012.
Next Story: Starhawk "Build To Kill" trailer
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'