Are you a fan of collecting old computers? Perhaps for nostalgic reasons, or perhaps you enjoy history, but in any case, computer collectors out there might be interested to hear that a 1984 Macintosh 128k M0001 computer is up for sale on eBay, which is apparently a pretty rare find and to top it off, the computer comes with its original box, original manuals and all of its components with the signatures of the design team on the inside of the case.
Those who were old enough to remember, this Macintosh made an appearance in the famous Ridley Scott directed “1984” advertisement that aired during the third quarter of the Super Bowl XVIII on the 22th of January, 1984. As far as specs go, it came with 128KB of RAM, 64KB of ROM, a 3.5” 400KB floppy drive, a 1-bit 512×342 black and white monitor, a keyboard, mouse and several applications such as MacWrite and MacPaint. At the time of posting, there appears to have been 3 bids for the computer and is currently priced at $3,519.84.
The box itself appears to be rather weathered, but then again it’s to be expect of a product that’s almost three decades old. If you’re interested in checking out more photos or to place a bid yourself, head on down to its eBay listing for more info.
- 2014-04-11: SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition Arrives For Mac
- 2014-04-10: Low Cost iMac, 12-Inch Retina MacBook Air Expected This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-01: 2013 Mac Pro Shipping Estimates Slip Yet Again
- 2014-03-28: The iMacompanion Adds A USB Port To The Front Of iMacs