Skyfire, one of the most popular browser app on the App Store, is getting Skyfire HotSwap, a new feature that gives Skyfire the ability to handle individual user accounts. This could be very important for family members who share a single iPad device. With Skyfire HotSwap, each person can get their own browser account and personal preferences. ” Bookmarks, history, open tabs, social network logins like Facebook and Twitter, email accounts like Gmail, Amazon accounts, and settings reappear just as they left them” says the company.
If you are not familiar with Skyfire, it is a web browser that has been designed and optimized to limit data usage. It uses a proprietary technology that can even optimize Flash videos on the fly, thus making them available and faster to iPad users. The new Skyfire with HotSwap should be available for download now.
Next Story: Neo Geo X coming your way
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-23 iPad Dominates U.S. Tablet Market But Others Are Catching Up
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2011-06-20 New York Post Website Blocks iPad's Safari
- 2010-12-23 Skyfire for iPad now available for $4.99
- 2010-12-17 Skyfire Browser For iPad On The Way, Flash Videos Anyone?