Love spending long hours skiing outdoors but hate your phones and MP3 players running out of battery? Well, you might not have such problems anymore thanks to the folks over at the Frauenhofer Institute. They’ve recently come up with some flexible solar panels that are durable enough to use in objects such as helmets. Armed with these solar panels, they’ve come up with Bluetooth-ready ski helmets that can solve everybody’s issues with running out of power.
If you’re wondering why they chose to work with ski helmets first, it’s because ski helmets are used in extreme temperatures which can help them optimize the performance of the solar cells and the batteries. Once they’ve managed to come up with the optimal helmet for extremely cold weather, coming up with one for regular everyday weather should be peanuts. Expect these solar collector helmets to go on sale by the end of the year for approximately $400.
- 2014-04-14 Kyocera Installs Solar Cycle Station For Electric Vehicles In Japan
- 2014-04-09 Solar Impulse 2 Wants To Circle The World On Solar Power Alone
- 2014-04-08 Nokia Solar Energy Suit Could Offer Alternative Phone Charging Option
- 2014-04-02 Ecoppia E4 Robots Clean Solar Panels Without Using Water
- 2014-03-17 Solar Power Harvested From Space Beamed Down To Earth