If you happen to own the Sony Tablet S and Tablet P and reside in Japan, then here is a nugget of good news for you – your tablet(s) will be on the receiving end of the Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system update from next month onwards. No idea on whether it will be a limited release in Japan only, or will it see action elsewhere around the world. This particular update will be able to expand the photography capabilities of either device, being able to activate right from the lock screen itself, in addition to snapping panoramic images. Heck, there is also a spanking new “Recopla” app that allows you to review digitally recorded TV programs from Sony’s Blu-ray recorders.
Apart from that, an enhanced “Small Apps” feature is also thrown into the mix, touted to enable an easier and more efficient multitasking experience, where you are able to pull up a windowed web browser, calculator or remote control app. Not only that, Sony has also announced that the Tablet P will be getting a WiFi-only version in the market this coming April 21st for $600 after conversion. Any takers?
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark